The Partner (Provisional and Permanent) Visa Program allows you to live in Australia if you are the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
It is a two stage application process and to be eligible you must be married or in a de-facto relationship for at least 12 months immediately prior to the visa application. Some special circumstances can waive the 12 months period for de-facto relationships, or if your relationship has been registered in Australia.
During the first stage of the application, both partners need to demonstrate this is a genuine and continuing relationship through the following:
- Provision of a history of your relationship such as when, where and how you met, how the relationship developed, and when you decided to get married or start a de-facto relationship.
- Financial evidence of your relationship such as joint accounts, sharing household bills and expenses.
- Nature of household living such as joint rental information, correspondence address to both on the same address, responsibility for day-to-day house tasks.
- Social context of the relationship such as joint invitations, joint travel, statutory declaration from family and friends.
- The nature of your commitment to each other such as knowledge about each other’s background, likes and dislikes, term of your wills etc.
The second stage usually takes place two years after the first stage of the visa application. This stage aims to determine if the relationship is still genuine and continuing.
Please contact us for additional information on how to apply for your visa under the family stream program.
Check your options to migrate to Australia with our FREE IPHONE AND ANDROID APP.
Take advantage of our free assessment of your best options.
A licensed migration agent will review your information and contact you within 48 hours.